Tuesday 9 April 2013

Illamasqua project

I am going to begin my research by picky 4 words that will sum up the overall feel of the look i want to go for.From then i can roughly imagine what my image will look like.I want to look at,circus,hypnotic,red and glitter!
For inspiration i will need to gather research from previous illamasqua collections.I feel this will also help in my knowledge of the brand.
I will then need to gather research from looking at circus's in general and artists,makeup artists,fashion designers,films and music.
I want my final 2 images to be freaky yet fabulous!
Alex Box masterclass
Alex Box
The creative director for Illamasqua.

I want to begin my research with looking at how the professional's them selves apply makeup to their models. I will begin with Alex box the creative director for Illamasqua.
This video is so inspirational and I can not wait to get started!
The idea that your work doesn't have to be too crazy to be exciting, instead you can go with what works with the face.
Theater of the nameless collection created by Alex box
Inspired by 1920's Berlin.


I feel that looking at some of alex's work first will help me to truly understand the brand.
i know the brand to enjoy contouring and experimenting with colour.



I love these images they remind me of theatre and the circus.a fabulous place to start my research.


Each of these images are dark and quirky.yet Fabulous!


The look was heavily inspired by Anita Berber a German dancer,writer and actress, and The subject for Ottox Dix a painter.

Toxic Nature
The collection is inspired by the idea of nature taking revenge on people who intend to damage and destroy it.



Doll like image.the images are very detailed and sharp.


These looks are so quirky and cute,Yet they look so sad,its a fun play of seemingly happy colors being the bright pinks and warm tones of the skin.But with a sad face is a mixed message to the viewer.Almost like there's a story behind the images.

Naked strangers

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection

I like the way the artist has used glitter to frame around the face and kept the rest of the face to a simple almost natural base.The depth in the eyes is really nice too as she has brown eyes this just makes the eyes even more deeper and darker against this flash of gold.

A demonstration i went to by Alex Box at Solent University.
The day Alex Box came to the uni i will never forget!
Alex's work is so inspirational to me,and the way she works is similar to my style,i like to work on the face,doing face charts dont work for me,i need to see the face to work out what will work on the face.
Watching Alex work has been very inspiring to my work since and will surely be inspirational in my work for this project and i cant wait to get started!!!

 The final look...

No comments:

Post a Comment